Dear MEIEA Members,
Thank you to everyone who has been in contact with the MEIEA Board over the past few days with updates and information on this year's Summit and travel options. Over the last 24 hours, we have seen a number of major universities and colleges implement domestic travel bans. We believe that the in-person connection and research presentation aspects are what makes the conference special and as such we have decided to post-pone this year's Summit until later this year, October, 1 - 3, 2020.
Regarding registration, we are happy to hold your registration until October if your institution has already approved your travel budget. Instead, if you need to cancel your conference registration for any reason, please keep an eye out for a second email to Summit Registrants coming shortly.
If you booked your hotel through the MEIEA rate, Hilton will begin cancelling reservations in the coming days. If you booked your hotel room independently, please reach out to them about options.
While this has been a difficult decision, we appreciate all of your patience and understanding as we worked through these issues. Moving forward, we wish everyone the best as you and your institutions continue to work through uncharted territory regarding classes and other ongoing concerns.
Until then, we wish our best to you, your students, and institutions.
The MEIEA Board