Meetings of the Association
MEIEA Research Awards
MEIEA is offering research awards to eligible educators and industry practitioners to encourage scholarly research projects that advance theory, scholarship, and practice in the music and entertainment industries.
MEIEA’s specific OBJECTIVES for the Research Awards are to provide the academic encouragement and financial incentives for MEIEA members to pursue scholarly research and publication in the music and entertainment industries in areas including, but not limited to:
· Curricular innovations and professional standards in the industry
· Historical and theoretical studies documenting the growth and evolution of the industry
· Business models in the music and entertainment industry
MEIEA’s EXPECTATIONS for the recipients of the Research Award:
· To publish their research findings in the MEIEA Journal, as well as other scholarly publications.
· To make a presentation at its annual MEIEA conference (travel reimbursement up to $500 will be available to help defray expenses).
THREE CATEGORIES OF AWARDS
· Junior Faculty Award up to $1,500
Part-time instructor at an accredited institution, or
Full-time instructor for less than seven years at one or more accredited institutions.
· Senior Faculty Award up to $2,000
Seven or more years of full-time teaching at one or more accredited institutions.
· Educator and Industry Practitioner Award up to $2,500
Collaborative grant shared by a MEIEA faculty and industry professional.
Applications are available on-line at www.meiea.org
Completed applications should be submitted in two versions:
Signed original mailed: MEIEA Office
1900 Belmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37212-3757 USA
An electronic version submitted to: email@example.com
Deadlines: 6/15/06 for Junior Faculty Award
12/15/06 for Senior Faculty Award
6/15/07 for Educator/Practitioner Award
EVALUATION: MEIEA’s Research Awards Committee will evaluate the grant proposals and notify applicants no less than one month after the deadline. All decisions will be final.
For additional information please contact www.meiea.org