Meetings of the Association
General Meeting of the Association
General Members’ Survey
Conducted in October 2005. Ninety-six “Active” members were
contacted via email. Sixty-eight percent (68%) responded.
Three Action Questions
- The yearly conference, networking opportunities, and the journal
as MEIEA’s top three assets.
- Ninety percent (90%) indicated they would participate in on-line
nominations and voting for officers of the Association.
- Almost seventy percent (70%) of the members indicated they would
support an increase in membership fees if it would insure that the
Association could pursue the initiatives listed in the survey.
A. In the first question (indicate the level of importance) the values
represent the number of times each item was deemed to be “most” &
“somewhat more” important by respondents.
B. In the second question (pick a first, second, & third choice)
the values represent the number of times each item was deemed to be a
“first” choice by respondents.
C. In the third question (pick one) the values represent the number of
times each item was picked by respondents.
Three questions (indicate the level of importance, pick a first,
second, & third choice, and pick one) 4 criteria for determining
the “value” of an initiative (most important, somewhat important, first
choice, single choice).
When converted to % of responses -- (A+B+C)/n -- we get the following:
- 256 member responses evaluated
- 97 board responses evaluated
- 353 total responses evaluated
1 Brand the Name as a Leading
Association of Educators 19.5%
2 Publish Curriculum "Standards" or "Recommendations"
3 Increase Professional Practitioner Members
4 Increase Student Members
5 Provide Research Stipends for Faculty
6 Increase Faculty/Educator Members
7 Increase Institutional Members
8 Improve the Website
9 Provide Scholarships for Students
In response to the survey results, the Board voted to take three
(1) Formed four “task groups” that were assigned to develop plans for
(b) Investigating curriculum practices.
(c) Providing research stipends, and
(d) Increasing the value of membership in the Association.
(2) Membership fees for increased slightly.
(3) Adopted an on-line nomination and the e-Vote process.
2006 MEIEA, 1900
Belmont Blvd., Nashville TN, 37212