Annotated list of music business educational websites. Prepared by Steve Marcone (2012) (Excel xlsx document).
Carnegie Mellon Teaching Resources
Development and Assessment of Undergraduate Programs Combining Studies in Music, Business, Music IndustryFaculty Vacancy Postings
Member Contact List (html)
(student / faculty population &
National ACademic ADvising Association (NACADA)
Online Writing Lab
(at Purdue University)
FACULTY RESEARCH GRANTS
Up To $2,500
MEIEA® is proud to offer research grants to eligible educators in order to encourage scholarly research that advances theory, scholarship, and practice in the music and entertainment industries. MEIEA’s specific objectives are to provide academic encouragement and financial incentives for MEIEA members to pursue research and publication.
Grants of up to $2,500 are available to full-time and part-time faculty at accredited institutions. Single-investigator applications, as well as applications that include collaboration with other faculty or industry practitioners, are welcome.
Research topics might include:
• Historical or theoretical studies documenting the growth, evolution, or future of the music and entertainment industries or music and entertainment industries education
• Curricular innovations and professional standards in music and entertainment industry education
• Business models in the music and entertainment industry
MEIEA’s expectations for recipients of research grants are:
• To publish their findings in the MEIEA Journal or eZine, as well as other scholarly publications
• To make a presentation at MEIEA’s annual conference*
Click below for
Grant Awards Guidelines (html)
Grant Awards Checklist (pdf)
Grant Application (docx)
Archive of Past Grant Awards
*Reimbursement up to $500 will be available to help defray travel expenses.
Please note that no indirect costs may be requested.
MEIEA reserves the right to withhold awarding any research grant if it considers none of the proposals to be acceptable.