The University of Miami Frost School of Music is accepting applications for a Full-Time Open Rank (Assistant/ Associate/ Professor) Professor of Professional Practice for its Media Writing and Production Program beginning in the Fall 2018 Term. The salary is competitive. The successful candidate will have a strong record of accomplishment and demonstrated expertise in contemporary/popular music production, recording and songwriting. Candidate will have significant experience and track record with modern production/studio techniques, a variety of DAW’s, writing/collaborating across genres, as well as live performance. The successful candidate will also have strong and significant record of accomplishment and entrepreneurial activity in popular music.
Principal duties include teaching and/or administering courses related to contemporary/popular music production, directing/overseeing the Recording Ensemble, and working with the MWP Director in program-related curricular and logistical matters. Candidate will also participate in auditions, juries, and recruiting activities. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications on or before January 31, 2018 will receive full consideration.
● Substantive national and/or international credits in the popular music industry as a producer/songwriter.
● Demonstrated expertise in contemporary/popular production.
● Significant experience teaching non-traditional music students.
● Music technology including professional-level skills with a DAW (Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, etc.)
● An advanced degree in music is preferred. However, candidates with exceptional professional credentials will also be considered.
For a complete position profile and list of qualifications, please visit: