Teach undergraduate courses in entertainment industry studies. Preferred candidates will have an expertise in one or more of the following areas: songwriting, music publishing, record label operations, online marketing, entertainment law, computer-based audio recording, audio production, entertainment industry internships.
• Post baccalaureate degree in music business, recording arts, music, music technology or related discipline preferred.
• Thorough understanding of methods and current developments in the field of entertainment industry studies including a proven record of successful teaching at the undergraduate level.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to interact in a collegial and professional manner with students, faculty, educational institution representatives and the general public is required.
• Skilled in the use of Apple computers, internet resources, and classroom technology.
• Ability to learn relevant sections of Delta State University’s online integrated database systems for student records management and Canvas online learning platform.
• At least 5 years of experience in the private sector working in the entertainment industry with at least 3 years of experience teaching at the undergraduate level.